1. Absinta M, et al. Persistent 7-tesla phase rim predicts poor outcome in new multiple sclerosis patient lesions. J Clin Invest 2016;126:2597–609.
2. Dendrou CA, et al. Immunopathology of multiple sclerosis. Nat Rev Immunol 2015;15:545–58.
3. Filippi M, et al. Gray matter damage predicts the accumulation of disability 13 years later in MS. Neurology 2013;81:1759–67.
4. Frischer JM, et al. The relation between inflammation and neurodegeneration in multiple sclerosis brains. Brain 2009;132:1175–89.
5. Hauser SL, et al. Ofatumumab versus teriflunomide in multiple sclerosis. N Engl J Med 2020;383:546–55.
6. Popescu V, et al. Brain atrophy and lesion load predict long term disability in multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2013;84:1082–91.
7. Radue EW, et al. Teriflunomide slows BVL in relapsing MS: A reanalysis of the TEMSO MRI data set using SIENA. Neurol Neuroimmunol Neuroinflamm 2017;4:e390.
8. Reich D, et al. Efficacy and safety outcomes in patients with relapsing forms of MS treated with the CNS-Penetrating BTK inhibitor SAR442168: results from the phase 2b trial. EAN 2020; Abstract O4010.
9. Stadelmann C, et al. Myelin in the central nervous system: structure, function, and pathology. Physiol Rev 2019;99:1381–431.