1. The Parkinson Study Group. A randomized placebo-controlled trial of rasagiline in levodopa-treated patients with Parkinson disease and motor fluctuations: the PRESTO study. Arch Neurol 2005;62:241–8.
2. Rascol O, et al. Rasagiline as an adjunct to levodopa in patients with Parkinson’s disease and motor fluctuations (LARGO, Lasting effect in adjunct therapy with rasagiline given once daily, study): a randomised, double-blind, parallel-group trial. Lancet 2005;365:947–54.
3. Olanow CW, et al. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, delayed start study to assess rasagiline as a disease modifying therapy in Parkinson’s disease (the ADAGIO study): rationale, design and baseline characteristics. Mov Disord 2008;23:2194–2201.
4. Rascol O, Olanow CW for the ADAGIO-Investigators. LBN 105; EFNS, Madrid 2008. Eur J Neurol 2008;15(Suppl 3):413.
5. Youdim MB, et al. The anti-Parkinson drug rasagiline and its cholinesterase inhibitor derivatives exert neuroprotection unrelated to MAO inhibition in cell culture and in vivo. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2001;939:450–8.
6. Speiser Z, et al. Effects of N-propargyl-1-(R)aminoindan (rasagiline) in models of motor and cognition disorders. J Neural Transm Suppl 1998;52:287–300.
7. Hallett PJ, et al. Striatal delta opioid receptor binding in experimental models of Parkinson‘s disease and dyskinesia. Mov Disord 2007;22:28–40.